Scholarship Application for Fire-Rescue International Conference 2021
April 30 - June 16
The North Carolina Association of Fire Chiefs (NCAFC), in partnership with the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC), is pleased to announce the second phase of its Volunteer Workforce Solutions (VWS) program, which works with national, state, and local organizations to support initiatives focused on the recruitment and retention of volunteer firefighters. As part of the Phase II program, interested applicants will be given the opportunity to attend an NCAFC approved and/or IAFC conference. The scholarship will cover travel, hotel and conference registration for the 2021 Fire-Rescue International (FRI) Conference to be held July 28 – 31, 2021. Selected applicants are expected to attend classes and network while at the conference.
How to apply:
- Complete the Applicant and Fire Department Information section of this form. This application should be reviewed and approved by the Fire Chief of your department. Their signature and current operating budget for training is required to proceed in the application process.
- Provide a one-page essay in addition to this form on why you should be selected to attend this conference. Please feel free to utilize page 2 of this form to write or type your essay.
- All submissions should be sent via email to Chief Tracy Mosley at firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN June 16th for consideration. He will respond by June 25th.
- Awarded applicants will be reimbursed for hotel, travel, and conference registration for up to $1,500.
- Up to 3 nights hotel stay ($200/night), Conference Registration up to $300, Travel up to $600
- For more information about IAFC Conferences please visit IAFC.org/events.
- For more information about NCAFC conferences please visit NCAFC.com.