We’re currently selecting 15 departments/county associations to help improve their volunteer recruitment and retention.
Interested in being part of the grant for volunteer recruitment? Fill out the application below.
NCAF Application Form
Volunteer Workforce Solutions Participant Requirements
- Departments with at least 50 active members are preferred but those with less may still be considered.
- Department must participate in the VWS program for up to three years.
- Stakeholders on all levels (city/town/department manager; city/town/department fire chief; and company level chiefs/officers, elected official) must agree to participant requirements and sign a memorandum of understanding (MOU).
- Identify a program leader or volunteer coordinator within your city/county/town/department who will manage and oversee the responsibilities associated with the VWS program. You may also select coordinator(s) at the company level, if applicable.
- Key staff must attend and fully participate in the VWS Orientation webinar (May 2020) and Kick-Off Meeting (June 2020). Key staff includes: fire chief(s), chief officers, program leader, volunteer coordinator and at least one representative from the elected governing body and the city/town administrator’s office.
- Key staff (fire chief, chief officers, program leader, volunteer coordinators, departmental leadership, company officers, volunteers, etc.) must attend one of the leadership symposia being sponsored by the program. At least two will be offered in Indiana free of charge.
Expectations and Activities
- Submit home addresses of all members (career and volunteer, if combination department) in order to produce a customized GIS Tapestry Report. Names are not needed and all addresses will remain confidential and proprietary information.
- Provide images and contact information for marketing materials.
- Create and submit a list and timeline/12-month plan of recruitment/retention activities that will be carried out during the program.
- Monitor, track, evaluate and provide data related to the results of the recruitment campaign to the VWS Program Team.
- Submit monthly tracking forms and fill out all required information, including recruitment and retention data.
- Respond to email, phone and written inquiries from the VWS Program Team in a prompt manner.
- Participate in meetings and/or phone calls with the VWS Program Team.