Company, Organization, or Church
Ways to get involved
- Hold a recruitment event at your company for employees and others (who might be potential customers).
- Use your benefits department to email your employees about the opportunity to be a volunteer firefighter.
- Offer an extended benefit to employees who decide to volunteer by paying for them to volunteer during the work day at least once a month.
- Offer a discount to volunteer firefighters and display our posters in your place of business.
- Talk to your employees about various other ways they can volunteer to help their local fire department other than being a firefighter.
- Gyms are the perfect place to recruit for volunteer firefighters, if you own a gym we want to hear from you!
- Offer your restaurant as a free event space to a local fire department to host their recruitment event. Offer free appetizers and beverages.
- Help boost the event through social media and use the event to bring attention to the campaign and perhaps donate proceeds from the evening to the campaign.
- Display our poster in your restaurant.
- Cohost a recruitment event with a local fire department.
- Have games for the family, pot luck, kids and family education, have a fire hose shower down on slip and slides.
- Bring in firefighters to talk to Sunday school students.
- Post a notice of upcoming fire recruitment events in your Sunday program and other missives.
- Email parishioners about the need for volunteer firefighters in North Carolina.
- Local festival and event planners can offer free or discounted booth space for local fire department to set up a volunteer booth.
- Provide on-the-ground social media support for the firefighters.
- Have the firefighters participate in games and/or stunts to drive attention to your festival as well as the department.
- Women’s groups can invite local fire departments to speak about volunteerism for women by women and learn first hand what it is like to be a volunteer firefighter.
ROTARY/LIONS/KIWANIS CLUBS AND CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE
- Invite firefighters to your next event to talk about the need for volunteers.
- Reach out to family members about whether they might be a volunteer recruit.
- Co-Host a pancake breakfast to raise money for your fire department and for them to talk about the need for volunteers.
- Start a fundraising and messaging campaign on your Facebook page and email list.
- Different Advocacy Groups can invite local fire departments to speak about diversity within the ranks and encourage volunteerism.
- The Military can support firefighter volunteerism by supporting the idea that former military personnel are great candidates.
- Their experience with team work, how to follow orders and have the backs of their constituents is perfect for fire service.