This event has passed.
NCAFC Scholarship Application for Mid-Winter Conference 2021
February 25, 2021 @ 6:00 am - March 26, 2021 @ 11:30 pm
The North Carolina Association of Fire Chiefs (NCAFC), in partnership with the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC), is pleased to announce the second phase of its Volunteer Workforce Solutions (VWS) program, which works with national, state, and local organizations to support initiatives focused on the recruitment and retention of volunteer firefighters. Phase II will be delivered over two years and will be able to give interested applicants an opportunity to attend the NCAFC 2021 Mid-winter Conference to be held May 18-22, 2021. The scholarship will cover travel, hotel and conference registration. Selected applicants are expected to attend classes and network while at the conference.
How to apply:
- Complete the Applicant and Fire Department Information section of the application form. This application should be reviewed and approved by the Fire Chief of your department. Their signature and current operating budget for training is required to proceed in the application process.
- Provide a one-page essay in addition to this form on why you should be selected to attend this conference. Please feel free to utilize page 2 of this form to write or type your essay.
- All submissions should be sent via email to Chief Tracy Mosley at email@example.com NO LATER THAN March 26 for consideration. He will respond by April 2.
- IAFC staff will coordinate hotel and conference registration.
- For more information about NCAFC conferences please visit NCAFC.com.