The North Carolina Volunteer Workforce Solutions (NCVWS) program brings you a 2.5-hour seminar with Chief Matthew Love. Chief Love has served in the Fire Service community since 1997 and has been a Chief-level officer since 2009. He has spent several years as an adjunct Professor in the Colorado Community College System teaching on a variety of Fire Science courses. Additionally, Chief Love has been published by the USFA and written for several leadership publications.
Chief Love’s course in North Carolina will focus on “Cultivating Motivation in Leadership”. In this high energy and enthusiastic presentation, he will use key leadership principles combined with a fresh perspective to describe and inspire ways for the Volunteer/Career Officer to create a motivational environment within the team. With a heavy emphasis on training, Chief Love provides examples through story and illustration to help the leader identify what actions will help the team dynamic and overcome leadership barriers Key Course Components include:
- Identifying where the Fire Officer finds inspiration and how to use this tool for the team
- Describing how to overcome challenges encountered when delivering inspiring information
- Understanding the “Why” behind leadership methods
- Assessing the environment that the leader creates and how others may respond to that environment
- Getting to know the members of your crew well enough to create a motivating atmosphere
- Finding ways to latch on to your “love of the job” as a Firefighter, Fire Officer, and Leader
- This seminar will be beneficial to all ranks! All departments in North Carolina are welcome to attend.
5400 John Q. Hammons Drive
Concord, NC 28027