Through the VWS program, the North Carolina Association of Fire Chiefs (NCAFC) provides marketing, training and support to participating departments to assure the success of their recruitment and retention campaigns.
By participating, North Carolina departments benefit from:
- Marketing materials and assistance for recruitment and retention
- GIS-based reports to assist in their recruitment efforts
- Customized recruitment and retention plans based on demographic studies of the local region and department members
- Recruitment and retention seminars throughout the state
- Assistance with basic firefighter entry-level training courses as well as NFPA 1582 physicals for new recruits for volunteers
Learn more: VWS application & selection process webinar, January 2018 [need link]